How to tie a bow tie
In the present era, people are celebrating freedom at work place disregarding the old traditions that differentiated an era of gentleman from an era of hippies. Dressing properly was one such act which helped in enhancing the image of the perfect gentleman, an art which is slowly losing ground. Accessorizing was another aspect of the gentleman. One of the most common accessories in a formal dress is the tie. The range of tie varies from the conventional ties to bow ties. The art to tie a bow tie was earlier learned from our grand fathers but now a simple Google search of “how to make bow ties” will give you ample education about the topic.
There are a few basic principles that need to be followed while either learning to make bow ties or teaching someone on how to tie a bow tie. This post will walk you through some easy steps that will help you attain the complete knowledge about tying a bow tie. Your left shoulder will be referred as side A and right shoulder will be termed as side B. This post will be your one stop solution on how to tie a bow tie. The steps of doing so are listed as follows:
- Keep the cloth facing up and adjust so that side A (left shoulder) is shorter than side B (right shoulder).
2.Move flap A taking it across flab B.
3. Now bring side A under side B and take it up through the loop made around the neck as depicted in the picture below
4. At the joint where side A and B meet, fold side B towards the right side and then to the left side. This step is verified by the formation of a bow at the joint.
5. Now, bring side A straight down over the middle of the bow shape that was made in the previous step.
6. Now fold side A back towards the chest and pinch the fold between your fingers as shown in the next figure.
7. The pinched end of side A has to be pinched through the loop behind side B as shown in the picture.
8.You have to pull on the folded part of the bow so it tightens without getting crooked or bend.
9. The final act is straightening of the bow by pulling on both ends while looking in the mirror or asking a friend or relative to help you out. The final look of the bow should be like the picture presented below
This is the most conventional way of answering the question that is “how to tie a bow tie” but there are many other kinds of knots of conventional ties which should also be learned slowly and gradually. In the present era Google and YouTube present the ideal situation to any person who wants to learn the art of bow ties and knowing about how to tie them. There is absolutely no excuse for anyone to say that he doesn’t want to look like a classy gentleman.